Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One Year in Utah













I've been in southern Utah now for one year after a much needed vacation in Kauai. I spent the first two months living at my Dad's house in a gated community next to Hollywood movie stars and professional athletes. Then I got a condo of my own in a huge complex that had tennis courts, two swimming pools, a couple of hot tubs, and a clubhouse with an arcade for kids to play in and a big-screen tv and some comfortable couches. I lived there for eight months and decided it was time to move when the upstairs plumbing ruptured and I spent three weeks under an umbrella in my bathroom. I found a casita in Ivins with views of the red rock mountains, a tribe of black crowes, soaring eagles and falcons, and a nearby arts community. Gradually making some musical contacts, playing guitar at open mics, drumming at World Peace Gardens gatherings at a health spa, and gearing up for some poetry readings.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pat, good to see some pics. Keep us posted!

    Keir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat - I signed up to follow your blog! I have one too if you want to check it out. www.eliseandsam.blogspot.com Glad you found some drums to beat on. :-) Marisa

    ReplyDelete