Sunday, April 5, 2009

Goodbye Desert, Hello Ocean!

After a year of exploring the southern Utah desert, I am packing my bags yet again and heading out for Southern California. I feel like I'm moving from triple A to the Majors again where I will be able to go to Padres games and regularly attend the first church of Rock n Roll at places like the Belly Up, 4th and B, and Humphrey's by the bay.

This has been an interesting year and I have made a lot of new friends and encountered many different perspectives and philosophies regarding spirituality and religion. I've had the opportunity to play drums for bellydancers, guitar at a coffee shop open mic, and to read poetry for a large audience at a health spa.

I've also been introduced to Tibetan and Himalayan singing bowl meditations and met a lot of great friends through an organization called World Peace Gardens.

There is plenty to be grateful for during the past year and I am looking forward to continuing my journey to San Diego where I hope to continue with my writing and photo journalism as well as soak up the sunshine, the waves, and the mellow vibes.





































No comments:

Post a Comment